What is X Group & Y Group in Air Force?
X group in Indian Air Force consists of technical tradesmen who are usually found working under an aircraft, vehicles or repairing technical equipment like radio, radar, etc. The people in Y group are mostly non-technical personnel working in offices like logistics, accounts, administration etc with the exception of some trades who do technical work and still paid the salary of Y group like people working in medical, operations and air traffic.
Indian Air Force Eligibility 2019
- Maximum Age – 21 years
(Candidates sharing their Dob from 19th January 1999 to 1st January 2003 are eligible)
Group X (Except Education Instructor Trade)
- Passed Intermediate/10+2/Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. OR
Passed Three years Diploma Course in Engineering in any stream The candidate should have completed the course from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
Group Y (Except Automobile Technician, GTI, IAF (P), IAF(S) and Musician) Trades
- Candidates who have passed their Intermediate (10+2) Level Exam with Minimum 50% marks & scored minimum 50% marks in English OR having Vacation Course done with 50% Marks will be considered for this post.
Group Y Medical Assistant Trade
- Passed 10+2/Intermediate/ equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
General Medical Standards for both Group ‘X’ (Except Education Instructor Trade) and Group ‘Y’ (Except Automobile Technician, GTI, IAF (P), IAF(S) and Musician) Trades is mentioned below in the article below.
|2||Chest||Minimum Range of Expansion 5 Cms|
|3||Weight||Proportionate to Height & Weight|
|4||Hearing||able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately|
Indian Air Force Exam Pattern & Selection Process 2019
The Exam will be conducted in 3 phases:
Phase – I: Objective Test
Phase – II: Physical Fitness Ability Test
Phase – III: Medical Examination
- Phase – I – Online Test
|Group X||English, Physics
|Group Y||English, Reasoning
& General Awareness
Group X & Y
& General Awareness
- If you qualify the first round, you will receive a new admit card on your registered e-mail ID for Phase – II test.
- Phase – II – Physical Fitness Ability, will consist of:
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 6.5 minutes.
- 10 Pushups
- 10 Sit-ups
- 20 Squats
- Phase – III – Medical Examination, as per IAF standards.
Indian Air Force Application Fee 2019
Application Fee: Rs. 250/-
IAF Salary/Stipend 2019
Training Stipend: Rs. 14, 600/-
Once Training period gets over, the salary will be as follows:
Group ‘X’ – Rs. 33, 100/- p.m
Group ‘Y’ – Rs. 26, 900/- p.m
How to Apply for IAF 2019?
- Click the above link to directly apply for Indian Air Force Recruitment.
- Register using yourself.
- Provide an active email id and phone number.
- Fill your personal details very carefully.
- Upload all the relevant documents.
- Click on submit.
- Proceed for Payment.
- Download the Application Form, keep a print out for future reference.
- Alternatively, you can apply on Indian Air Force Official Website.
- Follow steps from 1 – 7.